Today the halls are being painted. Actually, I should say that they are being re-painted. There's the paint, the paint thinner, paint remover, cleaning solvents. The fumes are so thick, I can feel a soreness in my chest. I think I will need to leave the apartment.
The toxic fumes were so intense that they set off the newly installed smoke alarms covered in the plastic they were packaged in, on all floors throughout the building. I'm not sure why the workers didn't just turn them off. Instead they continuously beeped loudly for hours.