We are two tenant associations who joined together to defend ourselves against a corporate real estate investment hydra that seeks to expel us from our homes in order to maximize their profits.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Liar Liar Pants On Fire

I was checkin my mail when I heard voices coming down the stairs. It was a Broker with her clients, a man and a woman. They paused in the entry hall and I must admit shamefully that  I was lingering at my mailbox to eavesdrop.... and I am glad I did! The clients asked the broker "so WE are the only ones who will have access to the roof?"
The broker responded "Ummmmm...... yes you will be the only tenants that can go on the roof." There is actually a roof terrace up there for another apartment. So I gather that they did not get a look at the roof.
The female client asked with a sense of disbelief, "Are you SURE its OK to have BBQs on the roof".
"Ahhhhh..... Yes its OK as long as you follow the normal safety protocol"
I had to pipe in my 2 cents here. "Its against the law to have a BBQ on the roof or terrace of any NYC building. You can't even store a BBQ on a roof or terrace. Take a look at the FDNY website. Have you never heard of the Chicago Fire or the London Fire? You should be ashamed of yourself telling such lies, what Real Estate company do you work for? You should be reported!"
This got me such a look of hatred from the Broker, you know the ole saying if looks could kill, I wouldn't be writing this. She hustled her clients outta there toot sweet.


1 comment:

  1. I don't get what it is with these douche bag Real Estate people. They are all the worst liars! I've seen this time and again in East 9th St where I live. Is it so damn hard to rent find someone to rent an apartment in NY? its not like they are trying to rent Apts in Detroit, where you might have to embellish and bend the facts to get someone to sign on the dotted line. I would think in this neck of the woods the demand for housing is so high why the need for such out right lies? I guess they are corporate business types and their MO is to LIE all the time, in every situation. Look at the Chase scandal and now the Barclays scandal. They tell these lies because we let them, and we let them go unpunished.

    ReplyDelete