We are two tenant associations who joined together to defend ourselves against a corporate real estate investment hydra that seeks to expel us from our homes in order to maximize their profits.

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Apartment 19

The tenants in Apt 19 had lived there for many years. I assumed they were rent stabilized since their Apt had never been renovated. Suddenly on the first weekend of the New Year they moved out. Gone in a single day. I never discovered an explanation. Demolition began in #19 the following Monday. I looked for a work permit online and was not able to find one. I notified 311 on Jan 5, 2012 and they recorded the complaint (#131575), and said an inspector will arrive in a day or two. Its Jan 31 and still no inspector despite two calls from me, and calls from Cooper Square Committee. Today I noticed this new permit on the NYC Dept. of Buildings website. New permit. No apartment number on it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment